The MMES Academy has a state-of-the-art library with a rich collection of books & journals both National & International. The collection of books in the library is being increased steadily. The staff and students visit the library as often as possible for reference and for research. An Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility is available in the Library for searching and retrieval of Library resources. The Library is located on the First Floor. The library is fully automated and digitalised with SLiMS Software System.
All the books are segregated subject wise and shelved in the properly labelled cupboards. All the books are given accession number. The reference books and boos for issue-return are stored separately.
The latest volumes and issues of the subscribed journals are displayed in the library in the journal's section. Old volumes and issues of the hard copy of the journals are hardbound every year and labelled and the separate register is maintained for the tracking, issues and return record.
The library has also provided book bank, reprographic facility to all users.
The College has taken efforts to digitalise its library and also consists of digital documents downloaded from the Internet as well as those purchased from outside sources. There are 7 computers available for the student-teachers to access to electronic resources. The library has also internet and Wi-Fi connection for the staff and students.
The library has purchased the following types of Resources based on the needs of the readers:
- Reference books
- Technical journals and magazines
- CD-ROMs and DVDs
- Project reports
- Digital resources
Library Rules and Regulations
- Students can get books on library Reader’s Ticket.
- Maximum three books will be issued at a time
- Book will be issued for a maximum period of seven days.
- Any students entering the library will have to sign the Register.
- Fine will be collected for using mobile phones in the library
- Bags should be kept on the rack before entering the library.
- Switch off the fans and lights before leaving the library.
- Replace the library properties (Books, Newspaper, Magazine) in the proper place after use.
- Strict discipline, silence to be maintained inside the library.
- Cell Phone to be switched off inside the library.
- Bags and belongings are not allowed inside the library. Members are requested to leave their belongings at the entrance of the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the members only.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original or duplicate Library Identity Card.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals will not be issued to students.
- The library may accept the donation of Manuscripts, Books, etc. from the donors.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
Fines & Dues
In order to ensure that every student gets a fair chance in accessing the available library resources, the fine & Dues Policy is introduced.
First Week - Rs. 1 Per Day
Second Week - Rs. 2 Per Day
Third Week onwards - Rs. 10 Per Day